ALA Program Announcement "Print in the Post-Electronic World: When Just in Case Becomes Just in Time"

Dear Colleagues,

Please excuse the cross-postings and we hope you can make time in your
ALA schedule for the ALCTS Collection Development and Electronic
Resources Committee program:

 "Print in the Post-Electronic World: When Just in Case Becomes Just in
Time"

Sunday June 26, 2005

1:30 - 3:30 pm

Intercontinental Hotel Seville Ballroom

Join us for a moderated panel discussion which will focus on how the
decisions we are making about our print collections are being impacted by
our growing and developing electronic collections.  Issues such as
off-site (shared or not) repositories, archiving, access, print
subscriptions are all part of the mix that will be discussed.

Speakers will be:

* Bill DeJohn - Executive Director of Minitex, the statewide consortium
for Minnesota.  Bill will speak to the collection development responses of
both educational and public libraries.

* Jim Dooley - Head of Technical Services at the new UC Merced library -
Merced is a new campus with a new library and Jim will be talking about
how decisions were made about their collection, which is predominantly
electronic.

* Carol MacAdam - Associate Director for Library Relations at JSTOR -
Carol will talk about her perceptions of the impact their program is
having on member libraries collection activities.

The program is co-sponsored by RUSA CODES, LITA Electronic
Publications/Electronic Journals Interest Group.

Cindy Clennon
Program Manager for Library Collaboration
Center for Library Initiatives
Committee on Institutional Cooperation
Champaign, IL 61820-7271
ph: 217-265-0389