Liblicense-l Archives and Migration: Update

Dear Readers:  As many of you recall -- particularly those of you who
wrote me about your problems with searching the liblicense-l archives
amidst all the junk, spam, and garbage mail that began to infest them a
year or so ago -- I wrote a few weeks ago that we had mounted this spring
a student project to do a massive cleanout of said archives. The project
of identifying hundreds and hundreds of "bad" messages in the archive was
completed by our E-collections Department's valiant student (Gregory) ten
days ago, just before he left for the summer, and this past week our
extraordinarily service-minded workstation support folks (headed by Karen
Reardon) did the actual cleanout.  Karen once again changed the password
to stave off the junk for a little while longer.

The migration to "mailman" software is still on target for the end of
July; at that time all 2,900 subscribers will receive instructions for
working with the new list, address, and so on (which is likely to be
something like <liblicense@mailman.yale.edu>).  One of the benefits of
"mailman" is that the archive will be password protected and this should
reduce or eliminate the spam-junk problem quite a lot.

Anyhow:  the liblicense-l archives are much easier to work now as a result
of the efforts of our staff.  Please consult and search them at:

<http://www.library.yale.edu/~llicense/ListArchives/>

Thank you for your patience during these times, Ann Okerson/Moderator