RE: Question about Google Print

>  For in-copyright works (assuming they can figure out which these are),
> the amount displayed will be extremely limited (a kind of 'keyhole'
> view) though, of course, as far as legality is concerned that is hardly
> the point.

On the contrary, I think that "substantiality" of the copying is deeply
relevant to the legality question -- or at least to the Fair Use/Fair
Dealing question.  The law includes explicit allowances for the copying
and redistribution of small portions of copyrighted texts, within certain
limits.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition