RE: Alumni Access to Electronic Resources

Hi everyone,

We were able to obtain acces to some Proquest databases specifically for
alumni.  They are ones that we already subscribe to and we have paid an
extra fee for alumni access.  There are fairly simple ways of limiting the
alumni to these databases and ensuring that they don't access other
databases from the provider that the library has access to.

I think Proquest is the only provider that will do this.  In our case, the
alumni office is paying the bill rather than the library.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Doug Kariel
Head, Technical Services and Systems