Re: Question about Google Print

The new Google Print support pages (new with the Google Print Search Page)
are now more informative about what Google is doing. But they do raise as
many questions as they answer!

http://print.google.com/googleprint/about.html

These pages give as much weight to the 'Google Print Publisher Program' as
they do to the 'Google Print Library Project', but it is not clear what
difference we should attach to the distinction between the use of the
words Program or Project. The pages also make it clear that there will be
differences in the way, and the extent to which content will displayed
from books coming from Publishers or Libraries. They also make it clear
that those not resident in the USA will not be able to see (at all) Public
Domain books, but those resident in the USA should be able to read them in
their entirety.

The pages are informative, but I suspect that any librarian is going to
need answers to a lot more questions about the direction of the Program
and the Project. They also raise questions about the international reach
of the service.

Adam