Database Licenses on Campuses With Affiliated Organizations

Greetings,

We are researching a situation where we could have organizations loosely
affiliated with our university sharing campus space and thus campus ip
access.  We're interested in knowing how other institutions handled
database connections for these organizations.

How did it affect your current license?  Did it have to be modified?

Did the affiliated organization(s) have to be excluded?

Were the affiliated organizations(s) added to the license?  If so did
your bill go up?  Were the organizations billed separately for database
access?

Did you have to clearly define "affiliated" for any vendors?

I realize that different vendors will handle the issues differently but
I'm curious if there's a common theme for me to keep in mind.

Thank you for any help.

Mike Cobb
APG Library
Liberty University