Re: ScholarlyStats - MPS launch usage statistics consolidationreport

It would be useful to have some idea of the pricing.  Has it been roughly
established?

Kristin H. Gerhard
Associate Dean for Collections and
    Technical Services
203 Parks Library
Iowa State University
Ames, IA  50011
vox 515/294-7511
fax 515/294-2112
email kgerhard@iastate.edu

>>> m.sedgwick@macmillan.com 05/09/05 8:30 PM >>>

Earlier this year we posted to this list asking if there was interest in a
service to assist librarians in the collection and consolidation of their
e-journal and database usage statistics reports.

We are pleased to announce that we will be going ahead with this service
which we are calling ScholarlyStats.  We plan to launch the full
commercial service in Fall 2005.

We made the decision following the fantastic response we had from
librarians.  Over the past few months we have been working closely with
these libraries in the USA, Europe, Australasia and Africa, at both
consortial and institutional levels.  We are developing a service that
will efficiently collect, consolidate and deliver usage statistics back to
libraries in a single monthly usage report, and plan to refine this
service further for the commercial launch in Fall 2005.

"Librarians around the world have told us about the problems and
frustrations involved with the collection and consolidation of their usage
statistics" said Martha Sedgwick, ScholarlyStats Project Manager,
"Currently, many librarians collect, reformat and merge individual
statistics reports every month from a large number of publishers and
vendors.  Collection and consolidation of these reports wastes large
amounts of time and can be very frustrating".

MPS Technologies is still keen to hear from librarians interested in
taking part in the beta trial for this service which is currently
underway.  For more details, please contact
scholarlystats@mpstechnologies.com.

For further details of the launch of ScholarlyStats, please visit
www.mpstechnologies.com.

Contact: Martha Sedgwick, Project Manager, MPS Technologies, 4 Crinan
Street, London N1 9XW, m.sedgwick@mpstechnologies.com, Tel: +44 (0) 20 7843
3676

Martha Sedgwick
Project Manager