Oxford Journals URL update - June 05

Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 15:49:40 +0100
From: "MUKHERJEE, Mithu" <mithu.mukherjee@oupjournals.org>
Subject: Oxford Journals URL update - June 05

*** Apologies for cross posting ***

Oxford Journals URL Update - important message

Earlier this year we were pleased to report the completion of the move of
Oxford Journals content over to the HighWire Press platform. We also
advised at that time of our plans to review and redesign our website for
release later this year.

The redesign project will result in a more streamlined access to our
information and services. This will be released in several phases,
beginning with a change to our domain name, and following with the new
look design later in the year.

Please be informed that the first phase of the redesign project will be a
change of domain for Oxford Journals which will go-live on 1st June 2005.
This will affect all Oxford Journal specific pages at HighWire Press, and
all Oxford Journals information pages.

The Oxford Journals domain will change from www.oupjournals.org to
www.oxfordjournals.org

Changes to Oxford Journal content pages:

We have previously had 2 URL structures for our journal home pages at
Oxford and HighWire Press, these were:

- http://www3.oup.co.uk/[journalcode] - Oxford hosted titles

- http://[journalcode].oupjournals.org - HighWire hosted titles

All journal home pages will now be available via the following URL
structure:

http://[journalcode].oxfordjournals.org

For a reminder of new URLs and Oxford Journals codes, please refer to
www.oupjournals.org/librarians (www.oxfordjournals.org/librarians from
June 1st!) and link to 'How to link to Oxford Journals' where you will
find information on our home page URLS, OpenURL syntax and other linking
initiatives such as Cross Ref.

Please note:

Redirects will be in place for the foreseeable future, but you may
implement updates to any linking to our journal content from now on.

Future URL changes

We will keep you informed of any further changes to the directory
structure which will affect the top level information and promotional for
Oxford Journals, and will make every endeavour to ensure that redirects
are in place for all content and key pages on our website to ensure that
access to our content and key information is not lost. In the meantime
please contact our customer services teams if you have any feedback or
concerns.

Key services including COUNTER Compliant usage reporting, OpenURL linking,
and authentication for perpetual access to content will all continue care
of HighWire in 2005.

The Americas
Journals Customer Services
jnlorders@oupjournals.org