Re: Fwd: US University OA Resolutions Omit Most ImportantComponent

Lisa,

Asking an author to make a copy of an article openly accessible is not
synonymous with asking publishers not to seek return on their investment.
The experience in physics is that self-archiving preprints - 100% in some
areas of physics - has not had an impact on subscriptions.

Subscription subsidy is seen as one potential means of funding for ongoing
open access.  This is one of the topics being discussed recently on the
SPARC Open Access Forum.  For a recent message, and link to Brian
Simboli's blog on the subscription / open access options, see
https://mx2.arl.org/Lists/SPARC-OAForum/Message/1924.html

a personal view by,

Heather Morrison