Swets Announces Positive Results for 2004

We would like to share Swets' positive results with liblicense members.

PRESS RELEASE

Lisse, the Netherlands
May 10, 2005

Swets Announces Positive Results for 2004

Royal Swets & Zeitlinger Holding NV announced today that its 2004 annual
accounts were approved during its shareholders meeting on May 9th 2005.
Swets & Zeitlinger recorded 2004 sales of EUR 907 million, EBITDA of 6.1
million positive and a net loss of EUR 3.6 million. The net result before
interest and tax, excluding exceptional items, was EUR 5 million positive.

During 2004, Royal Swets & Zeitlinger Holding NV raised new capital from
its shareholders. The capital injection is being used to achieve
substantial improvements in Swets' e-journal management tools and services
for both customers and publishers, as well as strengthening the balance
sheet and securing a financially sound basis for the future.

Arie Jongejan, Chief Executive Officer remarked, "Following two
challenging years for the business, Swets has made an excellent start in
2005 and we are forecasting a strong rebound to profitability this year. I
believe that Swets is well positioned to foster its pivotal role in the
dynamic world of information exchange."

"I am extremely pleased that Swets has shown such a rapid turnaround"
noted Chairman of the Supervisory Board, Paul de Bruin "We are performing
ahead of the plans established in our 2004 investment strategy. The
effective way in which Swets has delivered these positive results is both
impressive and encouraging."

About Royal Swets & Zeitlinger

Royal Swets & Zeitlinger Holding NV is an international information group,
with employees in 20 countries. Headquartered in Lisse, the Netherlands,
Swets & Zeitlinger is a leading electronic and print service provider of
scientific and professional information for the academic, corporate and
governmental markets.

Media Contact
Ylann Schemm
External Communications Executive