licensing small video and audio clips

Dear collegues,

I'm working at a project aiming to create second languag teaching
materials to be used by students in learning paths over the internet. This
project is being developed withing an academc structure in Italy and has
no commercial purpose. In order to provide samples of native language
register and pronunciation, our authors want to use authentic audio and
video clips taken from motion pictures or songs. I don't have any clue on
if a using license is needed and how to abtain copyright clearence by
copyright owners. If, for example, authors want to use 3 minutes video
clip taken from a worner bros production, how can I find the contact
person to which address my request? Is there a public searchable register
of copyright owners of music and motion pictures works? Thanks in advance
Restituta

Visita http://domini.interfree.it, il sito di Interfree dove trovare
soluzioni semplici e complete che soddisfano le tue esigenze in Internet,
ecco due esempi di offerte:

-  Registrazione Dominio: un dominio con 1 MB di spazio disco +  2 caselle
   email a soli 18,59 euro

-  MioDominio: un dominio con 20 MB di spazio disco + 5 caselle email e
   SIM Wind prepagata da 25,00 euro a soli 51,13 euro

Vieni a trovarci!

Lo Staff di Interfree