RE: ArtStor license

At the University of Nevada, Reno, we found ARTstor to be a rather
difficult negotiation partner.  I originally sent two proposed changes to
them in May of 2004, and the negotiation wasn't concluded until August of
that year.

Our negotiation didn't focus on any of the items you mention, though,
David.  What we objected to were terms in sections 12.6 and 12.8, both of
which would have left us without any recourse in the event that the
ARTstor product ceased working or the company stopped providing it during
the license period.  We were eventually able to get them to add language
entitling us to a pro rata refund in either case.

----
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition
University of Nevada, Reno Libraries