Re: Open Access and For-Pay Access (to the same IR materials)

David,

Thanks for comments below. I've been adding lots of material to the
webpage in the last few days, some of which may address the concerns you
express. The model may well be compatible with author charges, as I've
indicated very recently on the webpage. It may be a way to keep those
charges relatively low compared to what they would be otherwise. What by
the way is the funding source of arxiv.org? The repository infrastructure
for this model is in my view already in place, contingent on the
willingness of arxiv.org to serve such a function as a key part of this
model. Brian Simboli