Swets and CSIRO PUBLISHING Join Forces in China

Dear Liblicense members, We'd like to share the developments of our
exciting 'Gateway to China' project with you. Best regards, Ylann Schemm

------------------------------------
Press Release

Lisse, the Netherlands
April 14th 2005

Swets and CSIRO PUBLISHING Join Forces in China

Swets Information Services announced today that CSIRO PUBLISHING's entire
electronic journal collection is now available to Chinese users via a
rapid broadband connection to SwetsWise Online Content. In 2004, Swets
forged a unique deal with CERNET, the China Education and Research
Network, linking Chinese universities and academic research institutions
directly to SwetsWise.

CSIRO PUBLISHING now joins EDP Sciences and IOS Press in offering the
Chinese scientific community rapid, reliable and cost-effective access to
a large selection of valuable e-journals. Swets will also represent CSIRO
PUBLISHING's online journals to Chinese libraries and consortia-a fast
growing market expected to expand an additional 40% over the next three
years.

This unique agreement forms part of Swets' 'Gateway to China' package,
offering publishers both swift access and sales and marketing support to
target the rapidly growing Chinese market. Swets has been active in the
Chinese market since 1997 and has an established Beijing office, an
extensive sales infrastructure and strong relationships with all of
China's major libraries, agents, and consortia. S.C. Chen, Swets' Director
of Greater China, noted: "We are delighted to provide Chinese subscribers
with immediate access to CSIRO PUBLISHING's key e-journals via SwetsWise
Online Content. Without a doubt, this will enable CSIRO to greatly expand
their presence in China."

Paul Reekie, General Manager of CSIRO PUBLISHING, commented: "CSIRO
PUBLISHING is very pleased to be working with Swets to distribute our
content throughout China. Making such a wealth of research available,
especially the agricultural journals should prove very beneficial for the
Chinese scientific community. We're also looking forward to publishing
more work from the People's Republic of China."

"The development of new publisher services such as our 'Gateway to China'
project is part and parcel of Swets' far-reaching e-journals management
drive," remarked John Martin, Swets' Chief Commercial Officer, "We have
invested in a strong infrastructure and powerful new tools and services to
provide our global publisher partners with optimum access to the complex
Chinese market."

About CSIRO PUBLISHING

CSIRO PUBLISHING is a not-for-profit business unit of Australia's
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization. It operates
as an independent science and technology publisher with a global
reputation for quality products. Its journals publishing program is
underpinned by agreements with the Australian Academy of Science and
learned societies. Authors from around the world choose to publish with
CSIRO PUBLISHING including an increasing number of researchers from China.
www.publish.csiro.au

About Swets Information Services

Swets is the premier outsourcing and facilitating partner for the
acquisition, access and management of scholarly, business and professional
information. The world's leading academic, government and medical
organizations and one in three Fortune 500 companies choose Swets as their
agent. Our dedicated and experienced staff supports customers in over 160
countries and more than 20 offices around the world.

Media Contacts:

CSIRO PUBLISHING
Jennifer Griggs
Marketing Manager