Re: Asking for your input re. scholarly publishing

Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:15:53 -0500
From: Anna Ercoli Schnitzer <schnitzr@umich.edu>

Ann:

For Question #1, at the top of my list, I would put the exponential growth
and ease of use of the Internet as well as the availability of electronic
journals, both by subscription and through Open Access and other methods.
I would include all the other examples you listed, as well, but first and
foremost are the ones I just mentioned.

For Question #2, I would say that we are losing access to print and that
most of our users prefer to avail themselves of electronic data, so it
doesn't matter as much to them as it does to a few of us die-hard
archivists.

/anna

Anna Ercoli Schnitzer
Information Services Librarian