Google Print -- would be more useful if it had a librarian

It does seem very strange that there is no way (that I know of) of finding
out WHAT books are available through Google print. Its a lucky dip process
with no reliable way of measuring the results.

Presumably, at some stage Google will rectify this curious and
self-defeating omission. Meanwhile it would help matters if some
public-spirited librarians were to begin a list of the books available
under Google print. I guess this cataloguing task could be nicely shared.
Has anyone thought of doing this yet? With luck someone has already begun
the work.....

I dont say there is a long-term future in the project but it would be a
very handy resource in the interim whilst Google are failing to produce
their own catalogue. Though if it was also a Catalogue Raisonn�: noting
omissions, errors (there are already some) and bad choices etc there would
even be a long-term future for the enterprise.

Not-yet-enchanted-Google-print-user......

Adam