From: M Ros Doig <M.R.Doig@derby.ac.uk>
To: liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu
Sent: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:11:42 EST
Subject: Click through copyright agreements!!

Hi Everyone

We're thinking about electronic ILL processes here and the problem of
signatures for copyright. There is much discussion about the validity and
definition of an electronic signature but I don't recall much being said
about click through copyright statements.

There is some logic that says if we can have click through license
agreements then why can't we have click through copyright statements. As I
see it this would work along the lines of ' By submitting this request,
you agree to be bound by the following [appropriately worded copyright
statement' ] . Has anyone tried this and is it legal ( in the US or UK or
anywhere else?)

Please reply to the list - I'm sure many of us would be interested in
the responses!

Thanks and best wishes
Ros Doig

Ros Doig