Re: Open Access & Conservation Commons

This is an amazing statement. Open access supporters are fully aware of
the complexity of the publishing field and know that some forms of
scientific publishing cannot be released in the same manner as others. The
example of free software displays the same kind of flexible and varied
response. Trying to assign a rigid, monolithic approach to open access
supporters can only mean one thing: a desire to polemicize - a point which
appears very clearly in Peter Banks' last sentence. Even a single approach
to open access licences would benefit some, for example Third World
scientists.

Jean-Claude Guédon