Re: BMJ Journals back archives

I'm quite surprised about the positive responses to Michael Butterfield's
questions, especially the "Might you be willing to pay for it?" thing.

Our budget is flat since years and for sure I'm not willingly to pay
anything if I could get it for free (and my boss would certainly crucify
me if I do).

And that's what I always thought: BMJ journals will be scanned by the NLM
and published open access at PubMed central, or isn't that true anymore?

"A participating journal gives NLM permanent rights to archive the scanned
material and make it freely available to the public through PMC."

http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/about/scanning.html#bmjlist

Yours sincerely

Oliver Obst, PhD

obsto@uni-muenster.de  |  Medical Branch Library, ULB Muenster
 Head Medical Library  |  Domagkstr.9, 48149 Muenster, Germany
  medibib-l listowner  |  Phone +49/251.83-58550 Fax .83-52583
http://zbmed.uni-muenster.de/   and   http://medinfo.netbib.de