RE: Surveys, self-archiving, and what authors want to do

Maybe I'm thinking of a different survey. The one that you posted to
liblicense on 1 October 2004 says "We are interested in understanding
scholars' *views* on open access publishing and self-archiving and would
very much like to hear your *opinions*." [my emphasis]

Cliff Morgan

Chair, Serial Publishers Executive
Academic and Professional Division of the Publishers Association
___

Alma Swan wrote:

The survey did not ask for opinions. It asked for facts about author
experiences. Surveys of that type don't 'lead' respondents.

Alma Swan
Key Perspectives Ltd
Truro, UK