Open Access vs copyleft ?

Dear all,

I am having a discussion with some expert friends on this subject: Is the
Open Access part of the copyleft movement?

In favor:  the definition of copyleft as making a work free, the author
allowed some uses without any remuneration or authorization.

In Contra: The Open Access is only at accademic level.

Personally I am in favor, but I am very courious about your opinion (even
in pivayte if you want). Than I will make a short summary of all the
answers.

Thank You very much for any contribution.

LLMM Marco Marandola
international copyright expert
IFLA CLM
ICOM CLM