Duke University Press Journals on Project Muse

Of possible interest.

Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 16:51:25 -0500
From: Kim Steinle <ksteinle@dukeupress.edu>
To: edukecollection@dukeupress.edu
Subject: Duke University Press Journals on Project Muse

Dear Consortial Partner:

To ensure that your member libraries retain access to eighteen Duke
University Press journal titles, your action may be needed.

As I am sure you are aware, Duke University Press no longer includes
current content from eighteen of its journals in the Project Muse package.
These journals are available instead through an electronic package hosted
currently on Ingenta. Nine Duke University Press titles will remain on
Project Muse, as will archival issues of journals previously available on
Project Muse. The journals that will not have current content in the 2005
Project Muse package include

American Literature
American Speech
boundary 2
Camera Obscura
differences: A Journal of Feminist Cultural Studies
Ethnohistory
French Historical Studies
Hispanic American Historical Review
History of Political Economy
Journal of Health Politics, Policy and Law
Journal of Medieval and Early Modern Studies
MLQ: Modern Language Quarterly
Poetics Today
Public Culture
Radical History Review
Social Text
South Atlantic Quarterly
Theater

To provide continuous access to these eighteen journals, Duke University
Press is offering an e-package of journals. Other titles in the Duke
electronic-only package include /American Literary Scholarship, Common
Knowledge, Comparative Studies of South Asia, Africa and the Middle East,
Eighteenth-Century Life, GLQ: A Journal of Lesbian and Gay Studies, Labor:
Studies in Working-Class History of the Americas/ *(new in 2004)*,
/Mediterranean Quarterly, Pedagogy, positions: east asia cultures
critique/, and /Social Science History/.

We will offer the Duke electronic-only journal package at 16% of the price
paid for the 2004 full package of Project Muse (we will need to see proof
of the price paid in 2004). If a member institution has not previously
subscribed to Project Muse, we will charge an institution what they would
have paid in 2004 for the full Project Muse package. This price is based
on the portion of the package that could be attributed to Duke University
Press content, calculated by such measures as number of pages, usage
statistics, and share of the total package price. We are happy to work
with consortia to arrange access to Duke journals.

To address archival concerns, Duke University Press will be launching a
comprehensive electronic package in 2006. More information about this
package will be forthcoming.

If you have any questions about the 2005 Duke electronic-only package,
please see the FAQs at our Web site
(http://www.dukeupress.edu/edukecollection) or e-mail
edukecollection@dukeupress.edu.

If you would like to purchase the 2005 Duke electronic-only journal
package, please contact Journals Fulfillment at
888-651-0122 (toll-free in the U.S. and Canada) or
919-688-5134, or by e-mail at subscriptions@dukeupress.edu.

Donna Blagdan
Journals Marketing Manager
Duke University Press