Re: BMC titles indexing in NLM PubMed

with apologies for cross-posting this reply (to the SPARC Open Access Forum and Liblicense):

greetings -

Regardless of why this may be happening, may I suggest that, all else
being equal, it would make perfect sense to NLM to establish different
criteria for open access publications? With subscription-based resources
only, the indexing does not lead the user directly to the article. Open
access articles added directly to PMC are a different matter, particularly
if the publisher is providing these - in convenient format - directly to
NLM to add to PMC (as BMC does).

cheers,

Heather Morrison