RE: Librarians, Publishing Behavior, & Open Access

 Jill Emery said:

"...in relation to open access publication, the one area where we, as a
profession, have been most vocal, we have also been most hypocritical. How
many library and information science journals are truly open access?"

In case anyone is keeping track of specific titles:

The Journal of the Medical Library Association is on PubMed Central with
open access immediately upon publication and back to 2002. It continued
Bulletin of the Medical Library Association (which is also open access on
PMC from 1911 to 2001).

Shirley Rais, Chair, Serials Dept.
Loma Linda University Libraries
11072 Anderson St.