Re: Open Access vs. NIH Back Access and Nature's Back-Sliding (fwd)

    ** Apologies for Cross-Posting**

I am forwarding these extremely important and timely data from Dr. Alma
Swan on the long-standing peaceful co-existence between

(1) green journal policies
    http://romeo.eprints.org/stats.php
(2) immediate (non-embargoed!) self-archiving by authors, and
(3) journal subscription revenues.

This was reported at the Southampton Workshop on Institutional OA
Repositories two weeks ago

    http://www.eprints.org/jan2005/ppts/swan.ppt

and will also be reported at the international meeting on implementing the
Berlin Declaration on OA, likewise to be hosted by Southampton at the end
of this month:

    http://www.eprints.org/berlin3/program.html