self-assessment using ACRL Standards for Libraries in Higher Education

This message is being cross-posted on a number of lists. Our apologies for
duplication.

California State University, East Bay (formerly CSU, Hayward) is currently
going through its regional accreditation process through the Western
Association of Schools and Colleges. In conjunction with this process, the
CSUEB University Library has undertaken a self-assessment using the ACRL
Standards for Libraries in Higher Education, supplemented by ACRL's
Guidelines for Instruction Programs in Academic Libraries. We would be
very interested in hearing from other libraries that have done
self-assessments using either of these documents, or the ACRL Standards
for College Libraries.

We are especially interested in knowing:

* Was the assessment done in conjunction with a campus accreditation
process, and, if so, how was it used by the larger accreditation
process?
* Were the results of the self-assessment used as a basis for
significant changes in library programs and policies, and/or for
justifying increased funding for the library and were those
efforts successful?
* Is using the ACRL Standards and/or Guidelines now part of an
on-going program of self-assessment in your library?
* Are the results of the self-assessment available to be viewed by
others?
* Are there individuals in you library we could consult with any
questions? We would be grateful for contact information.

Please respond off-list to:

Doug Highsmith
Chair, WASC Library Campus Outcome Team
California State University, East Bay
dhighsmi@csuhayward.edu <mailto:dhighsmi@csuhayward.edu>
(510) 885-3610

We will summarize responses and either post them to the list or send them to individuals who are interested in the outcome of this process.

Thanks!