Regarding Liblicense-l Topics

Colleagues and friends,

My recent listowner messages raised questions about the direction and
boundaries of the list in a way that has produced discussion that is both
interesting and immensely helpful.  Some new voices have joined the
conversation in the course of this, and that pleases me very much indeed.
By about the end of this week, I'll begin exercising some moderator's
discretion and will reply to further messages on those themes privately
but will hold them back from the list so that we can concentrate our time
and attention on the concerns that bring us together in the first place.

For now, please accept my warmest appreciation for the thought and
attention and support that many of you have given this list, in messages
both on-list and off.  Thank you your commitment to the quality of our
conversation and to our mutual commitment to exploring difficult and
interesting issues in a professional, thoughtful, and collegial way.

Ann Okerson
liblicense-l Moderator
ann.okerson@yale.edu