RE: OA needs its own list

Dear Will,

It is true that the O.A. postings have been a bit overwhelming of late -
and though a devoted Liblicense reader, I have had to skip a great deal of
it.

But I disagree about suggesting a separate list.  What is wonderful about
Liblicense is the way it has become the most interesting list of all those
related to e-issues and scholarly communication issues. Rather like the
Serials Pricing Newsletter was in earlier days, Liblicense is the list you
go to when you want to know what people are thinking about and which
issues are emerging as really important ones.  And it is where you can
see, tied together by posts from librarians, publishers, publishing
consultants, etc. how all these groups view what is happening - where
there is consensus and where there is not.

Limiting it to just the subset of issues which involve licenses would be a
real mistake, I think,

Margaret Landesman
Utah