Sent: 22 January, 2005 1:01 AM
To: liblicense
Subject: ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY PRESSES

I am advising a doctoral student who is near to completion of a thesis on how
university presses may develop in the digital environment. She is concerned
primarily with how current university presses may find a new role but I have
drawn her attention to movements towards the creation of a new type of
university press, springing from concerns within the library environment and
publishing with a rather different agenda perhaps in collaboration with an
institutional repository. Having drawn her attention to this development I
cannot find out much about these initiatives. If anyone does have any
references or contacts they could provide either online or offline I would be
very grateful. There is some urgency in this.

Anthony Watkinson