RE: ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY PRESSES

Anthony

You should be aware of the E-Press developments in Oz. You should look at
the Melbourne, ANU, Monash, Sydney and other E-Press websites. Also have a
look at the Australian APSR and ARROW websites in the wider institutional
repository framework. I haven't updated my February 2004 OA presentation
in Geneva, but you will find some material in my presentation at:
http://info.web.cern.ch/Chronological/2003/OAIP/Practical.html

There are also E-Prints that I have deposited in the ANU E-Prints at:
http://eprints.anu.edu.au/ which refer to the E-Presses. There is a short
summary in one e-print that I did for the Australian Bookseller and
Publisher in the October 2004 issue. You are probably aware of the US
initiatives at Columbia, ACLS, California, and the D-Pubs at Cornell. The
latter has been having quite a bit of publicity at the moment. Had she
picked up Kate Wittenberg's Collaborators in Communication: Publishers,
Scholars and Information Technologists in Educause for November-December
2004?

Certainly she may have a bit of work ahead if she hasn't picked up the
recent E-Press and IR references?

Best
Colin

Colin Steele
Emeritus Fellow
University Librarian, Australian National University (1980-2002)
and Director Scholarly Information Strategies (2002-2003)
W.K. Hancock Building (043)
The Australian National University
Canberra  ACT 0200
Australia