ELECTRONIC UNIVERSITY PRESSES

Dear colleagues

I am advising a doctoral student who is near to completion of a thesis on
how university presses may develop in the digital environment. She is
concerned primarily with how current university presses may find a new
role but I have drawn her attention to movements towards the creation of a
new type of university press, springing from concerns within the library
environment and publishing with a rather different agenda perhaps in
collaboration with an institutional repository. Having drawn her attention
to this development I cannot find out much about these initiatives. If
anyone does have any references or contacts they could provide either
online or offline I would be very grateful. There is some urgency in this.

Anthony Watkinson