BMJ Imbroglio

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 12:37:22 -0500
From: "Masterson, Michele" <Michele_Masterson@simbanet.com>
To: liblicen@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: BMJ Imbroglio

I would like to hear feedback about the controversy surrounding the
British Medical Journal's publication of the recent article regarding Eli
Lilly and Prozac. Specifically, does any one out there think this will
have any impact on journal publication process, i.e. extra vetting
procedures, increased law suits, possible cost increases passed on to
subscribers etc. To my knowledge, which admittedly, is limited, I do not
recall a pharma or researcher, et al going after a journal or publisher so
vehemently...have there been similar situations in the past?

Disclaimer: I am writing an article for a trade publication, Professional
Publishing Report and comments may be used. Should you want comments off
the record and not attributed to you, please advise.

I appreciate any thoughts.

Michele Masterson
Editor/Analyst
Professional Publishing Report