PAIS Databases on OCLC FirstSearch

Of possible interest for readers of this list. The contacts would, of
course, be different for each OCLC regional office.  Ann Okerson

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 17:36:56 -0500
From: "rivard@nelinet.net" <rivard@nelinet.net>
To: aokerson@pantheon.yale.edu
Subject: PAIS Databases on OCLC FirstSearch

As announced earlier, Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) has acquired
the PAIS International and PAIS Archive databases from OCLC. CSA and OCLC
have signed an agreement to offer both these databases on the OCLC
FirstSearch service for a period of at least five years.  The PAIS Archive
and PAIS International databases will no longer be available on a
per-search basis through OCLC FirstSearch with effect from July 1, 2005.

CSA has indicated a strong desire to enhance the PAIS International
database and complete the PAIS Archive database. However, CSA is reviewing
its business model for the PAIS Archive and will advise OCLC of its final
decision by January 31, 2005. We would like to reassure those libraries
that have already paid the one-time subscription fee to OCLC for the PAIS
Archive that their access will not be affected in view of any changes that
CSA might implement in its pricing structure. We regret any inconvenience
that this may cause to libraries and library users.

Please contact Tim Rivard at NELINET rivard@nelinet.net or OCLC User and
Network Support (1-800-848-5800 or support@oclc.org with questions about
the OCLC FirstSearch service.

##