Licensing for Joint Degrees

Dear Liblicense,

Have any of you negotiated databases and ejournal agreements for Joint
Degree programs?  This is a situation where students and faculty are
located at two institutions and the degree is granted from both
institutions.  Students spend two years at each place but tuition flows
to only one school. (This is not a joint program where some teaching and
classes are shared - but rather a formally recognized Joint Degree).

As state budgets decrease, I see more cooperative degree programs
developing. Do you allow remote access to students and faculty at other
institutions for which you have joint degrees even if no tuition is
being paid to your institution?  How do you define your authorized users
and amend licenses to include these individuals?

Please respond to me via e-mail or send your name and phone so I could
give you a call.  I would then summarize the issues for the list.

Best,

Diane
<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Diane Carroll, Ph.D
Head, Collection Development
Oregon Health & Science University Library
Mail Code: LIB
PO Box 573
Portland, Oregon 97207-05738
carroldi@ohsu.edu