Re: A word on calculating costs

If the cost per article drops by 50 percent, and the number of articles
increases by 1,000 percent, what does this do to the total cost of
scholarly communications?  The current user-pays model has the effect of
suppressing production, which, provided that most editors are reasonably
competent (as I for one believe they are), is a very, very good thing.

Joe Esposito