Alternative Peer Review Models

Adam:

I review a variety of alternatives to conventional peer review in an
article published last year titled:

"Peer Review in the Internet Age: Five (5) Easy Pieces," _Against
the Grain_ 16, no. 3 (June 2004): 50, 52-55

A self-archived PDF copy is available at

[ http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/FiveEasyPieces.pdf ]

Enjoy!

/Gerry

Gerry McKiernan
Associate Professor
and
Science and Technology Librarian and Bibliographer
Iowa State University Library
Ames IA 50011
gerrymck@iastate.edu

>>> adam.hodgkin@gmail.com 1/5/2005 5:12:38 PM >>>

[snip]

>For example: do we really need a 'market-led' method of quality control
>(refereeing through Society and privately funded journals) or would it be
>preferable to use an automated system of peer review, entirely within the
>control of academic researchers?

[snip]