Re: Fascinating quotation

I respectfully disagree with Sally's comment.  The costs will rise, not
remain the same or decline.  They will rise because the amount of research
continues to grow and because one aspect of the proprietary publishing
system (publishers reject manuscripts, keeping the amount of published
work down) will erode, with more and more authors seeking new ways to
reach an audience.  There are many strong arguments in favor of Open
Access publishing, but restraining costs is not among them.

Joe Esposito