MUSE continues to expand our offerings of quality full-text journals in the humanities and social sciences. Along with 26 new titles and 7 new publisher participants confirmed for 2005, we are also pleased to introduce some new journal collection options developed specifically for research and undergraduate libraries. With extensive input from librarians, MUSE also recently announced a new pricing model designed to provide greater fairness, flexibility, and predictability for subscribers, and to open up new opportunities for smaller colleges and universities, special libraries, and international libraries to benefit from the wealth of resources MUSE offers.

We’ll also be discussing new outreach initiatives and the many resources available to help librarians promote and manage their MUSE subscriptions, demonstrating some new features developed to enhance usability of Muse, and updating you on our partnerships and linking arrangements with third party services. Most importantly, we'll be available to answer your questions about Project MUSE.

Details on the User Group Meeting:

Saturday, January 15, 2005
8:00 am - 9:00 am
Hilton Boston Back Bay - Belvidere Salon A
40 Dalton Street (adjacent to the Hynes Convention Center)

We'll begin our brief presentation at 8:00 sharp and leave ample time for questions and discussion to follow. A light breakfast will be available.

RSVP's for the meeting are appreciated to assist us with our planning. Libraries are welcome to send more than one representative. Replies may be directed to melanie@muse.jhu.edu. Please note the number of representatives you expect to have attending from your institution.

Project MUSE will also have an exhibit booth at the Midwinter Meeting, #302. If you are not able to make it to the meeting, or have a question you would like to discuss in greater depth with a Muse representative, please stop by anytime!

Thank you for your continued support of Project MUSE! We hope to see you in Boston.

Melanie B. Schaffner
Marketing and Sales Manager, Project MUSE
c/o The Johns Hopkins University Press
2715 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218 USA
p 410-516-3846