Special Serials Review Issue on Open Access (and it is available on open access)

There has just been published a special Issue of Serials Review on Open
Access

As the issue editor, I made arrangements with the publisher that the
entire issue would be used as their sample issue for this journal, for the
next 9 to 12 months. I asked for longer, but was not able to get it.  I
decided to accept the time limitation, as I hope that Elsevier will be a
fully OA publisher by then. :)

The issue is available at
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00987913
It is vol.30 no.4, and marked "Complimentary" The contents are:

SERIALS REVIEW  VOL.30 NO.4

SPECIAL ISSUE: OPEN ACCESS 2004

2. Special Focus on Open Access: Issues, Ideas, and Impact
   Page 257
   David Goodman and Connie Foster

3. The Criteria for Open Access
   Pages 258-270
   David Goodman

4. Open Access Is Only Part of the Story
   Pages 271-274
   Richard Gedye

5. The Shifting Sands of Open Access Publishing, a Publisher's View
   Pages 275-280
   John Regazzi

6. A Not-for-Profit Publisher's Perspective on Open Access
   Pages 281-287
   Martin Frank, Margaret Reich and Alice Ra'anan

7. Author disincentives and open access
   Pages 288-291
   Rick Anderson

8. Open Access: A Review of an Emerging Phenomenon
   Pages 292-297
   Adam Chesler

9. Delivery, Management and Access Model for E_prints and Open Access
   Journals
   Pages 298-303
   Fytton Rowland, Alma Swan, Paul Needham, Steve Probets, Adrienne Muir,
   Charles Oppenheim,  Ann O'Brien and Rachel Hardy

10. Open Access: How Are Publishers Reacting?
    Pages 304-307
    Sally Morris

11. Open Access: Science Publishing as Science Publishing Should Be
    Pages 308-309
    Jan Velterop

12. The Access/Impact Problem and the Green and Gold Roads to Open Access
    Pages 310-314
    Stevan Harnad, Tim Brody, Fran�ois Valli�res, Les Carr, Steve
    Hitchcock, Yves Gingras,  Charles Oppenheim, Heinrich Stamerjohanns,
    Eberhard R. Hilf, Tim Brody et al.

13. The Green and Gold Roads to Open Access: The Case for Mixing and
    Matching
    Pages 315-328
    Jean-Claude Gu�don

(the peculiar numbering is because of the customary columns, reviews,
etc.)

Dr. David Goodman
Associate Professor
Long Island University