RE: Journal format change

Hi, We only get one math journal in print, American Mathematical Monthly.
It is 9 3/4 x 6 3/4, and it is not in two columns; there are lots of long
equations and diagrams, too.  This one has generous margins so it has
never given me problems in binding; the print size is good and I have not
had any complaints from students or professors about photocopying problems
or trouble with print size or quality issues like that.

I don't know of any standards, though there are some, surely.

My main beef with changing sizes is when it is done mid-volume; this
happens more often than the other way round.

Maybe you can contact the Mathematical Association of America, the
publisher of this one, and see if they have any ideas about the standards
question.

Karen Bolton
Serials Librarian
bolton@msoe.edu