Re: scholar.google vs Scirus

I looked at the comparison pointed to below at the Elsevier site, and it
seems to be a comparison of Scirus and the "standard" Google search, not
Google Scholar. They are different, so the comparison would need to be
re-done, I'd think.

The comparison page even says "So you won't end up in a Tennessee
attraction park after entering 'Dolly'," which suggests it is using the
broad google search. That is, I did a search for "dolly" on
scholar.google.com and didn't see anything particularly amusing, park or
otherwise...:) but the amusement park ("Dollywood.com") is #3 in general
google.

John Sack
Director, HighWire Press
Stanford University