Re: Load balancing

When I was an active publisher, we didn't do this for 'load balancing' but
occasionally a paper which was not really suitable for one journal might
be redirected (with the author's agreement) for consideration by another

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
E-mail:  chief-exec@alpsp.org

Chuck Hamaker wrote (in part):

Do some publishers practice load balancing--where content submitted to one
journal is passed to editors of a different journal who are running short
on submissions? The incentive to keep publishing schedules especially
since we all prepay subscriptions could be very strong. I don't know that
this happens, but then how would we know unless publisher's state their
policies clearly and provide auditable tracks?