RE: Covert Article Republishing Discovered in Emerald/MCB UP 1989-2003

> I don't know why anyone would think such a thing would be THAT difficult
> to do, esp. in certain fields.  With the proliferation of journals, it's
> incredibly easy actually.

Like I said before, I agree that it would be easy for an author to fool an
editor into publishing something that he (the author) had previously
published elsewhere.  If Emerald had been targeted by a rash of
unscrupulous authors, this would be an entirely different issue.  But
Emerald admits that it orchestrated the duplicate publications itself.
How _that_ could happen in a journal without the editor's knowledge is
what I can't figure out.

---
Rick Anderson
Dir. of Resource Acquisition