RE: Covert Article Republishing Discovered in Emerald/MCB UP 1989-2003

There's a blurb about this in the November 9 issue of Library Journal
Academic Newswire. It notes the following about a response from Emerald's
Gillian Crawford: "She explained that, from 1989 to 2000, articles
considered 'to be of particular merit were occasionally published within
another MCB journal where it was felt that their content would be of
interest or benefit to the additional journal audience.' Crawford said
there has been no 'deliberate dual publication' since 2001".

I'll confess to being one of the authors with a "dual publication" in
Emerald journals, from the late 1990s. Phil Davis asked me about it as he
was doing his study this summer. In my case, the editor of the journal
that did the second publication contacted me and asked if he could reprint
it. I gave him my permission. Phil told me that there is no note on the
later article indicating that it was reprinted from the original.

My publications list has the article listed by the original citation, with
a statement at the end that notes "Also reprinted in...".

Bernie Sloan