Re: Copyright in China

Alas, the summary of what I was saying is not what I was saying.  Of
course piracy is irrelevant in an OA environment--of course.  But changing
the text is relevant.  My question is how is the integrity of the text
going to be managed.  I am NOT saying that only a commercial publisher can
do this; I am saying that someone has to do it.  As for the quality of
commercial publishers, it's all over the place, as everybody knows.  The
successful not-for-profit publishers (e.g., Oxford University Press, to
choose an unarguable example) are outstanding at what they do.

Let's agree to disagree, but let's not agree to summarize each other's
views inaccurately.  Heck, that was the point of my first post, that the
Chinese done Bill Clinton wrong.

Joe Esposito