SELL SATEMENT ON ELSEVIER (science direct)

Dear All,

I think that this SELL iniciative is till not well known or discussed.

It is the Statement for the new pricing model of Elsevier for
ScienceDirect

You can found it at: http://www.heal-link.gr/sell/statement4.htm

Here an interesting prhase:

"We are equally concerned about Elsevier's new policy regarding perpetual
access after the termination of an agreement which requires a substantial
payment per downloaded article. This policy would result in consortia
paying enormous amounts for material already purchased. Once again this is
beyond all acceptable limits and we cannot consent to such a policy. "

What do you think about it?

Good work.

LL MM Marco Marandola
International copyright and licence expert
IFLA CLM
INTERCOM