RE: More on "information wants to be free"

Joe's link starts with a Bible quote. There is also a story in the Bible
about a few loaves and fishes feeding a crowd of thousands and when the
leftovers are gathered they amount to much more than the original loaves
and fishes.

Now think 'food for thought' rather than 'food'. E.g. information,
knowledge.

Isn't this a way to think about scientific information? Shouldn't it be
shared (latin: 'communicare') widely, to find that what results after
satisfying everyone is much more than the sum of the original parts?

Jan Velterop