Beam me up Scotty!

Hello to you all

I am just reading through a UK license for a well-known database from a
well known American organisation (not named to save embarassment and
litigation) and have just come across this wonderful sentence under the
heading 'Authorised users' :- I quote Walk-ins may be considered
Authorized Users if they are physically present at the Licensee's site.

I think understand what this is meant to mean but as UK users it made us
laugh!!

To be fair a bit later on a walk-in is defined as 'A Patron not affiliated
with the Licensee who is physically present at the licensee's site' but I
was still trying to work out how you could walk-in without being
physically present. Beam me up, Scotty.....

Best wishes

Ros Doig
Serials & Inter-lending Librarian
University of Derby