Palgrave Macmillan to become official publisher for the OfficeforNational Statistics (ONS)

Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 15:30:13 +0100
From: "Lloyd, Sara" <s.lloyd@palgrave.com>
To: "'ann.okerson@yale.edu'" <ann.okerson@yale.edu>

___

Palgrave Macmillan, the global academic and professional publisher, has won
a competitive tender to become the official publisher for The Office for
National Statistics (ONS).

The five-year contract, formerly held by The Stationery Office, covers all
the print titles produced by ONS. Titles include such well-known flagships
as Social Trends, The UK Yearbook, The Pink Book, The Blue Book, Economic
Trends and Family Spending, all of which contribute to the UK citizen's
understanding of the economy, population and society in Britain today. ONS
titles are influential in policy development and in key academic research.

The aims of the new publishing partnership will be to develop the
portfolio strategically both in terms of products and markets, and to
bring a renewed vigour to ensuring the currency and relevance of ONS
publications to society in Britain today.

Dominic Knight, Managing Director of Palgrave Macmillan, commented, "I am
delighted that Palgrave Macmillan has become the official publisher for
this prestigious and influential portfolio of government publications.
There are excellent synergies between the ONS portfolio and Palgrave
Macmillan's own lists and we are entering this relationship in the spirit
of partnership rather than as pure service providers. I believe that
Palgrave Macmillan brings an enormous amount of market knowledge and a
wealth of marketing expertise and publishing creativity to the
relationship and that we will be able to work closely with the ONS to take
the portfolio from strength to strength."

Len Cook, Chief Executive of ONS added, "Communication and access to
statistics is vital to make sense of our society. Demand and research show
printed material remains important in reaching users of statistics. I am
delighted we have enrolled the expertise of Palgrave Macmillan to help
extend our publications, reach out to more people and give users what they
want from us."

If you would like more information about ONS titles or the new publishing
partnership please go to: www.palgrave.com/ons
or email ons@palgrave.com
Alternatively phone Charley Holyhead on +(0)1256 302915.

###

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is confidential and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage mechanism. Neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept liability for any statements made which are clearly the sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or one of its agents. Please note that neither Macmillan Publishers Limited nor any of its agents accept any responsibility for viruses that may be contained in this e-mail or its attachments and it is your responsibility to scan the e-mail and attachments (if any). No contracts may be concluded on behalf of Macmillan Publishers Limited or its agents by means of e-mail communication. Macmillan Publishers Limited Registered in England and Wales with registered number 785998 Registered Office Brunel Road, Houndmills, Basingstoke RG21 6XS