Re: JISC Invitation to Tender: Open Access Publishing

Initiative Round 2
Date: Sat,  2 Oct 2004 12:58:59 EDT
Sender: owner-liblicense-l@lists.yale.edu

I was not for a moment suggesting that societies (or other publishers)
did not begin to consider OA until the JISC project was announced - far
from it. Many of our members and others have, of course, been thinking
and experimenting for a while now.

What I was trying to say was that the timing of the JISC funding meant
that it would not, of itself, encourage any publisher to rethink its
business model.  It would only benefit those already intending to do
so.  It could thus have much more radical effect if the timing was
better.

Sally Morris, Chief Executive
E-mail:  chief-exec@alpsp.org